ElectroRoute is a dynamic and fast-growing energy trading and services company. Currently active in the international trade of electricity and green certificates in Ireland and nine other European jurisdictions, the company’s ambitious growth plans will see it trade in several more commodities and international jurisdictions in the coming years. To achieve its ambitions ElectroRoute wishes to continue to grow its high calibre team and is currently seeking exceptional individuals to join us on our journey in changing how the energy marketplace works.
ElectroRoute is seeking to hire an Applications Support Analyst to contribute to a range of activities right across the company. Reporting to the Applications Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing first line operational support to our business users from Front through to Back Office so the role requires very close engagement with the business as well as good technical knowledge. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to provide development, and some database support services within the IT team, as well as release management services and support cover. This role will afford the successful candidate outstanding career development prospects, and the opportunity to be instrumental in driving ElectroRoute’s growth through the support and development of our IT systems.
The Role of the Applications Support Analyst Requires:
- Strong Administrator level skills in Windows, Linux, Unix
- Experience of Cloud Services e.g. AWS/Azure/Google Cloud/Openstack
- Experience working in a time sensitive, IT technical support role for Front, Middle, Back Office in a trading environment.
- Experience working in a Release Management role e.g. scheduling, documenting, implementing and quality assuring releases into production environments.
- Ability to play a significant role in developing new coded solutions and maintaining existing production systems across the range of Electroroute platforms and technologies, including delivering and implementing changes in a complex production environment
- Experience using source control software systems e.g. Git, BitBucket, Clearcase, SVN, Sourcesafe etc.
- Good understanding of RDBMS technologies and how they interact in trading environments (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MariaDB) and in the cloud
- Programming experience using some of the following:
- Scripting languages (Powershell, Python, R)
- VBA Excel
- .NET technologies
- Ability to prioritise issues in a time sensitive environment
- Ability and willingness to take full ownership and responsibility for issues raised
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with traders, quantitative analysts, other software developers and back and middle office users
- Flexible and eager to apply best practice software solutions to practical issues and problems facing users in energy trading markets
- Education of users, responding to alerts, ensuring adherence to best practices in development etc.
- Working closely with business teams to come up with solutions to recurring problems as well as playing the lead role in delivering incremental system developments
- Self-starter, with a strong interest in new and emerging technologies and an aptitude for learning new technologies
The Successful Candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Primary degree in a technical field such as engineering, computer science, natural sciences, economics or finance from a leading university
- Diligence with an attention to detail, particularly in relation to documentation for processes and procedures (creating and maintaining Knowledge Base, run books, topology etc)
- Expert user of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of power systems, energy industry and/or commodity markets
- Knowledge of Energy Trading and Risk Management Systems and Implementations
- Familiarity with requirements and specifics of front/middle/back office and deal flow in a time sensitive trading environment
Remuneration: Competitive package negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Location: Flexible: Letterkenny, Dublin, Warwick
CV should be sent to: email@example.com