ElectroRoute is a dynamic and fast-growing energy trading and services company. Currently active in the international trade of electricity and green certificates in Ireland and nine other European jurisdictions, the company’s ambitious growth plans will see it trade in several more commodities and international jurisdictions in the coming years. To achieve its ambitions ElectroRoute wishes to continue to grow its high calibre team and is currently seeking exceptional individuals to join us on our journey in changing how the energy marketplace works.
ElectroRoute is seeking to hire a Data Solutions Developer to take on significant tasks related to organising, sourcing, developing and structuring data gathering and management across our enterprise. Reporting to the Data Solutions Architect, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the design of robust data gathering, sourcing, persisting and managing infrastructure, and software across ElectroRoute’s entire businesses.
This role will afford the successful candidate outstanding career development prospects, and the opportunity to be instrumental in driving ElectroRoute’s growth through the support and development of our IT systems.
The Role of the Data Solutions Developer Requires:
- Helping to design efficient data structures to store industry and other company data
- Key development resource on Data Warehouse projects
- Maintaining, supporting and further developing the company's suite of data gathering and data loading scripts and tools
- Good understanding of RDBMS technologies and how they interact in trading environments (MySQL, Oracle, MariaDB) and Amazon RDS
- Helping to Manage the company's data presentation layers and visualisation tools e.g. Tableau,Cognos and dashboard design and implementation
- Experience of ETL processes, tools, methodologies.
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity, accessibility and security
- Programming experience using some of the following:
- Scripting languages (Powershell, Python)
- VBA Excel
- .NET technologies
- Database Stored Procedure Coding
- Experience of Cloud Services e.g. AWS/Azure/Google Cloud/Openstack, in relation to databases as a service, migration tools etc.
- Experience working in a time sensitive, IT technical role for Front, Middle, Back Office in a trading environment.
- First rate Excel skills
- Ability to play a significant role in developing new coded solutions and maintaining existing production systems across the range of Electroroute platforms and technologies, including delivering and implementing changes in a complex production environment
- Experience using source control software systems e.g. Git, BitBucket, Clearcase, SVN, Sourcesafe etc.
- Understanding the difference between different database modelling types e.g. Relational vs Dimensional vs Columnar and when to use them
- Ability to prioritise issues in a time sensitive environment
- Ability and willingness to take full ownership and responsibility for issues raised, project work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with traders, quantitative analysts, other software developers and back and middle office users
- Flexible and eager to apply best practice software solutions to practical issues and problems facing users in energy trading markets
- Working closely with business teams to come up with solutions to recurring problems as well as playing the lead role in delivering incremental system developments
- Self-starter, with a strong interest in new and emerging technologies and an aptitude for learning new technologies
The Successful Candidate must also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Primary degree in a technical field such as computer science or engineering
- Diligence with an attention to detail, particularly in relation to documentation for processes and procedures (creating and maintaining Knowledge Base, run books, topology etc)
- Knowledge of power systems, energy industry and/or commodity markets
- Knowledge of Energy Trading and Risk Management Systems and Implementations
- Familiarity with requirements and specifics of front/middle/back office and deal flow in a time sensitive trading environment
Remuneration: Competitive package negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Contact by Email Only: firstname.lastname@example.org