ElectroRoute is a dynamic and fast-growing energy trading and services company. Currently active in the international trade of electricity and green certificates in Ireland and nine other European jurisdictions, the company’s ambitious growth plans will see it trade in several more commodities and international jurisdictions in the coming years. To achieve its ambitions ElectroRoute wishes to continue to grow its high calibre team and is currently seeking exceptional individuals to join us on our journey in changing how the energy marketplace works.
ElectroRoute is seeking to hire a Systems Software Developer to contribute to a range of activities right across the company. Reporting to the Applications Manager, the role will largely be responsible for providing operational and project development services to the organisation across a range of technologies and platforms. ElectroRoute is embarking on an ambitious growth phase, affording the successful candidate outstanding career development prospects, and the opportunity to be instrumental in driving that growth through the expansion and development of our IT systems.
The Role of the Systems Software Developer:
- First and second level support of ElectroRoute production systems
- Designing, developing, coding, testing and deployment of trading and reporting systems
- Working closely with the business team to come up with solutions to recurring problems as well as playing a role in delivering incremental system developments and changes
- Owning, tracking, analysing and resolving urgent production incidents and change requests, as well as medium and longer-term project deliveries
- Participation in companywide initiatives and projects as a development resource
- Acting as the main point of contact for immediate or urgent business intraday business requests which require development expertise
The Successful Candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Primary degree in a technical field such as engineering, computer science, natural sciences, economics or finance from a leading university
- Programming experience of some or more of the following:
- Scripting languages (Powershell, Python)
- Windows system administration experience
- .NET technologies
- Strong working knowledge and experience with databases, in particular MySQL, writing and optimising stored procedures, triggers etc.
- Experience using at least one source control software system (e.g. Clearcase, Subversion, Sourcesafe, BitBucket etc)
- Experience of Cloud Services e.g. AWS/Azure/Google Cloud/Openstack
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripting languages
- Diligence with an attention to detail in relation to documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating and maintaining Wiki Knowledge Base, run books, database topology)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with traders, quantitative analysts, and other software developers
- Flexible and eager to apply best practice software solutions to practical issues and problems facing users in the energy trading markets
- Self-starter, with a strong interest in new and emerging technologies and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Knowledge of power systems, energy industry or commodity markets
- Full clean driver’s licence
Remuneration: Competitive package negotiable and commensurate with experience. The successful candidate will be entitled to participate in the company share option scheme.
Location: Letterkenny, Dublin or Warwick
Contact by Email Only: firstname.lastname@example.org