Applications Software Developer
We're looking for a Applications Software Developer Trader to join our growing IT Department.
Location: Dublin City Centre, Letterkenny
Salary: Competitive package negotiable and commensurate with experience.
ElectroRoute, a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation, is a dynamic and fast-growing energy trading and trading services company. The company was founded in 2011 with global offices in Dublin, London, Tokyo and Letterkenny. We currently trade electricity, gas and related commodities in Ireland, UK, Continental Europe and Japan. We manage a large portfolio of renewable assets including wind farms, solar farms, hydro and battery plant.
Applications Software Developer
ElectroRoute is seeking to hire an Applications Software Developer to contribute to a range of activities within the Development and Applications Team. Reporting to the Applications Manager, the role will largely be responsible for providing analysis and development expertise to our business across a range of technologies and platforms. ElectroRoute is embarking on an ambitious growth phase, affording the successful candidate outstanding career development prospects, and the opportunity to be instrumental in driving that growth through the expansion and development of our IT systems.
The Role of the Applications Software Developer
- Designing, developing, coding, testing and deployment of data gathering, analysis and reporting systems.
- First and second level support of ElectroRoute systems
- Owning, tracking, analysing, and resolving urgent production incidents and change requests, as well as medium and longer-term project deliveries
- Participation in companywide initiatives and projects as a development resource
- Acting as a point of contact for immediate or urgent requests which require development expertise
The Successful Candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Primary degree in a technical field such as engineering, computer science, natural sciences, economics, or finance.
- Programming experience of some or more of the following:
- Scripting languages (Python, Powershell)
- VBA and Excel expertise
- Strong working knowledge and experience with databases, in particular MySQL but exposure to other database engines would be desirable also.
- Comfortable working in Windows environments (perhaps with some system administration experience)
- Experience using at least one source control software system preferably BitBucket with Git, and experience of Automation of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience of Cloud Services preferably AWS
- Diligence with an attention to detail in relation to documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating and maintaining Wiki Knowledge Base, run books, database topology)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with traders, quantitative analysts, and other software developers
- Eager to apply best practice software solutions to practical issues and problems facing users, with appropriate flexibility
- Self-starter, with a strong interest in new and emerging technologies and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Knowledge of power systems, energy industry or commodity markets
- Linux/Unix experience to system administrator level
- Jupyter notebooks, Django frameworks, etc
- GUI/software engineering experience
Remuneration: Competitive package negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Location: Dublin, Letterkenny
Diversity & Inclusion
ElectroRoute is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create value through diversity and inclusion. We seek to attract candidates to reflect the diverse nature of our society. Diversity and inclusion allow the ElectroRoute team to be curious, creative, and promote positive change. We understand the many demands on all our employees, and we adopt flexible working arrangements where possible. Working at ElectroRoute offers something special for everyone.
Contact by Email Only: firstname.lastname@example.org