We're looking for a Compliance Analyst to join our growing team.
Location: Dublin City Centre
Salary: Competitive package negotiable and commensurate with experience.
ElectroRoute, a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation, is a dynamic and fast-growing energy trading and services company. The company was founded in 2011 and has a presence across nine European countries and Japan. We are active in the international trade of electricity, gas, emissions, oil and related commodities in Ireland, U.K., Continental Europe, and Japan; having ambitious growth plans that will see us trade in further international jurisdictions in the coming years. To achieve its ambitions, ElectroRoute wishes to continue to grow its high calibre team and is currently seeking exceptional individuals to join us on our journey in changing how the energy marketplace works.
ElectroRoute is seeking a Compliance Analyst to join the compliance team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Compliance Manager ensuring all compliance obligations are met. As a trading firm with a focus on energy commodities, the most relevant compliance areas are:
- European financial regulations and directives such as European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR), Market Abuse Regulation (MAR), Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II) and energy specific regulations such as Regulation on Energy Markets Integrity and Transparency (REMIT);
- Electricity and Gas Licenses in Ireland, U.K. and continental Europe;
- Internal Policies and Procedures on data protection, competition, and anti-bribery, to name some.
Compliance is a very dynamic function which requires working with external and internal parties alike. ElectroRoute has ambitious growth plans, affording the successful candidate valuable experience and exciting career opportunities. This position is based at our Dublin Office in Marconi House, Dublin 2.
This role will entail the following duties (note this is only an indicative list):
- Maintenance of the compliance issues register, investigation of mitigation solutions and assistance to the compliance manager in putting such measures in place.
- Implementation of appropriate checks to ensure that all regulatory reporting (under EMIR, REMIT, MiFID II, etc.), both performed in-house and delegated, are being conducted to the relevant standards.
- Monitoring of EMIR clearing threshold and any other relevant thresholds.
- Implementation of a surveillance system to be able to identify any non-compliant trading patterns and follow up with traders for clarification of suspicious transactions or orders. This will also entail working closely with traders to understand their trading strategies and determine if they are compliant with regulations.
- Support the compliance manager in reviewing new business activities and determining related compliance requirements.
- Administration of internal policies and procedures, keeping them up to date by reflecting regulatory and organisational changes and informing relevant individuals of such changes.
- Management of the communications surveillance system.
- Providing training to employees on market abuse, anti-bribery, or other regulatory requirements, as required.
The Successful Candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- 2+ years relevant working experience.
- Minimum of 2:1 on a level 8 degree.
- Superb analytical and research skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and present them in meaningful ways (proficient user of excel or similar tools).
- Good presentation skills are also fundamental.
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative, using good judgement and discretion.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritise work in pursuit of deadlines.
- Flexible and eager to learn material in new fields and develop new work
Additional elements which are desirable for the role include:
- Work experience on compliance, auditing, back office, or operations.
- Knowledge of the electricity, gas or other energy commodity
- Knowledge of derivatives markets (futures and options) or financial regulations.
How to apply
Send your CV to us.
Contact by Email only: email@example.com
Closing date: 1st February 2021