Junior Risk Analyst
We're looking for a Junior Risk Analyst to join our growing team.
Location: Dublin City Centre
Salary: Competitive package negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Junior Risk Analyst
ElectroRoute manages 15% of the Electricity in Ireland and trades energy commodities like power, gas and oil worldwide. As a multi-billion turnover business backed by Mitsubishi Corporation, ElectroRoute manages risk that other companies can’t or won’t.
ElectroRoute is growing its risk team and is looking for an exceptional person to join this vital and growing area of the company. Managing commodity risk across multiple international markets is hard so we are seeking somebody of exceptional academic ability who enjoys applying complicated, abstract concepts to managing risk in a live trading environment.
The ideal candidate should have been top of their class in a mathematical, statistical, scientific or engineering discipline and could have 1-2 yrs experience post qualification.
The role of our Risk department is not only the measurement but also the management of risk. This management involves interacting with ElectroRoute traders to provide them with risk metrics and to ensure that they remain withing the company–wide risk parameters. Successful candidates therefore will have a self-assuredness and confidence to complement their outstanding academic ability.
The Role will include:
- Responsible for producing and reporting the daily Value-at-Risk (VaR) figures to traders and senior management. Successful candidate will eventually have full responsibility of the risk calculation engine.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of risk calculation models
- Engage directly with the risk-taking businesses to understand strategy, assess new activities, enforce limits, comply with regulatory requirements, and challenge proposals
- Responsible for the delivery of longer-term projects involving analysis, research and development which will lead to process improvements across the company
- Creation of weekly reports, summaries and presentations
- Knowledge of power systems, energy industry or financial/commodity markets.
- Knowledge of modelling techniques and risk concepts
This role will afford the successful candidate outstanding career development prospects and the opportunity to be instrumental in driving ElectroRoute’s growth.
Remuneration: Package commensurate with experience.
ElectroRoute, a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation, is a dynamic and fast-growing energy trading and services company. The company was founded in 2011 and has a presence across nine European countries. Our trading counterparties range from utilities and generators to trading houses and energy exchanges. ElectroRoute’s role in our decarbonising society is to manage the energy market risks that others can’t or won’t. ElectroRoute believes that expert industry knowledge combined with rigorous mathematical analysis deliver significant improvements to energy markets.
The company has an established Client Trading unit that provides energy trading and related services to clients, particularly independent power producers. The company has an active client portfolio in Ireland with over 1.2GW under management and a pipeline stretching to a few GW.
Closing date: 23rd October 2020
If you wish to apply for this role please email your CV to email@example.com.