We're looking for a Software Developer to join our growing IT Department.
Location: Dublin City Centre, Letterkenny
Salary: Competitive package negotiable and commensurate with experience.
ElectroRoute, is looking to hire an ambitious, experienced Software Developer who is genuinely passionate about building and supporting our IT systems and ultimately help accelerate the transition to renewable energy sources. The developer will contribute to a range of activities within our IT Development Team.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the role will be responsible for providing analysis and development expertise to our business across a range of technologies and platforms. Working directly with our business users, the developer will help to define the user’s requirements; working with peers, the developer will design and build fit-for-purpose IT solutions, and appropriate testing and deployment plans to ensure that the user’s needs are met. The developer will also contribute to the wider IT team by participating in knowledge sharing, becoming involved in team initiatives, helping to establish best practices, remediating systems, reducing technical debt, and increasing the use of automation.
▪ Primary degree in a technical field such as computer science, science, engineering, or another STEM field
▪ At least 2-3 years programming experience with the following:
o Scripting languages: Python (with AWS Lambda) and/or PowerShell
o Experience of, and comfortable working in .NET Framework technologies e.g., C#
o SQL programming experience e.g., comfortable writing stored procedures, queries, query optimisation etc
o Experience of and comfortable with software development and deployment in Windows based environments
▪ Experience of Cloud Services e.g., AWS
▪ Knowledge and experience with at least one RDBMS technology e.g., MySQL
▪ Experience using source control software systems e.g., GIT.
▪ Some experience with automation of CI/CD pipelines – the more the better!
▪ Great attention to detail, specifically documentation skills e.g., creating and maintaining wikis, knowledge bases, run books etc.
▪ Knowledge of best practice design principles
▪ Designing, developing, coding, testing and deployment of data gathering, analysis and reporting systems.
▪ First and second level support of ElectroRoute systems
▪ Owning, tracking, analysing, and resolving urgent production incidents and change requests, as well as medium and longer-term project deliveries
▪ Participation in companywide initiatives and projects as a development resource
Acting as a point of contact for immediate or urgent requests which require development expertise.
▪ Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with traders, quantitative analysts, financial analysts, legal and compliance experts, and of course, other software developers.
▪ Self-starter who can take ownership of investigations and change across the full software development life cycle.
▪ Eager to apply best practice fit-for-purpose software solutions to practical issues and problems facing our users.
▪ Aptitude for learning new technologies.
▪ A passion for integrating modern technologies with existing systems to solve real-world problems for our users, in an innovative way
▪ Knowledge of power systems, energy industry or commodity markets
▪ Experience with Data-Warehousing and/or NoSQL databases
▪ Familiarity with Atlassian suite of products
▪ Cloud Certifications (especially Amazon Web Services)
Location and Working Conditions
Remote Working: ElectroRoute is transitioning to a hybrid, remote and in-office working culture. Currently our offices are closed, and most employees are working remotely. Post-pandemic, when it’s safe, ElectroRoute employees will return to our main office locations, on a hybrid basis, and as required for business purposes.
Remuneration: Competitive package negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Location: Dublin or Letterkenny
ElectroRoute, a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation, is a dynamic and fast-growing energy trading and trading services company. The company was founded in 2011 with offices in Dublin, London, Tokyo and Letterkenny. We currently trade electricity, gas and related commodities in Ireland, UK, Continental Europe and Japan. We manage a large portfolio of renewable assets including wind farms, solar farms, hydro and battery plant. ElectroRoute is embarking on an ambitious growth phase, affording the successful candidate outstanding career development prospects, and the opportunity to be instrumental in driving that growth through the expansion and development of our IT systems.
Diversity & Inclusion
ElectroRoute is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create value through diversity and inclusion. We seek to attract candidates to reflect the diverse nature of our society. Diversity and inclusion allow the ElectroRoute team to be curious, creative, and promote positive change. We understand the many demands on all our employees, and we adopt flexible working arrangements where possible. Working at ElectroRoute offers something special for everyone.
Contact by Email Only: firstname.lastname@example.org